- KB-000015: Is the ShowMate certified with the Bluetooth SIG?
We have registered as members of the Bluetooth SIG and are pursuing certification as per their requirements.
- KB-000012: Are you planning to support other applications, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF?
At this time, we are offering solutions strictly supporting PowerPoint since this is the area of core technical competence for the company.
- KB-000445: Can I use named anchors "#" (also called bookmarks), in my hyperlinks with Impatica for PowerPoint?
The use of named anchor (also referred to as bookmarks) hyperlinks is currently not working in Impatica for PowerPoint. An example of this would be to hyperlink to a specific part of a web page that has previously had a named anchor established. A sample hyperlink is: http://www.impatica.com/we ...
- KB-000006: Can presentations be saved on the ShowMate so that they are ready to project when I power it up?
No, the ShowMate has a read-only file system so every time you power off the ShowMate the presentations are lost.
- KB-000025: Can the ShowMate support audio or video?
Currently the ShowMate cannot support audio or video in presentations.
- KB-000466: Do the Impatica products work with BlackBerry device software 6 and the Torch 9800 device?
Yes, most of the current Impatica software works with the BlackBerry Torch 9800 running device software 6. Here are the details and known issues by product: 1. Impatica viaDock – v1.1.5: This software runs on your PC and allows you to use and control your BlackBerry from your PC. a. Know ...
- KB-000026: Do you support the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and 8800?
In order to use BlackBerry devices with 4.2.0+ operating systems, please ensure you have the latest versions of the Impatica software and firmware. Please download and install the new releases of the following software: Impatica for PowerPoint BlackBerry Edition (v4.0.2) - Download NowInstructi ...
- KB-000402: Does Impatica work with the iPhone or iPod Touch?
We do not currently support either the iPhone or the iPod products, including the Touch. We are working on a player for these platforms and hope to support them in the future (a timeline is not currently available).If you have any additional questions, please contact Impatica Customer Support - ...
- KB-000426: Does the Impatica software support the BlackBerry Storm?
We do support the BlackBerry Storm.Please make sure that you have upgraded your ShowMate firmware to the latest version. Instructions for doing so are located in this article: https://www.impaticize.com/impkb/questions/423/Also make sure that you have upgraded the Impatica Presentation Viewer an ...
- KB-000414: Does the ShowMate support the BlackBerry Bold?
The Impatica ShowMate does support the BlackBerry Bold.You need to upgrade: 1- The handheld software:http://www.impatica.com/bb2- The ShowMate firmware:https://www.impaticize.com/impkb/questions/423/If you have additional questions write to email@example.com
- KB-000010: Does the ShowMate support USB flash drives (i.e., can it read presentations from a USB drive inserted in the USB port)?
No, the ShowMate does not currently support flash drives.
- KB-000023: How can I view notes for a previous or future slide while keeping the current slide projected?
This is occurring because you are operating the Impatica Presentation Viewer in "Linked" mode. This mode causes all navigation actions taken in the Impatica Presentation Viewer to be reflected in the projected presentation. In order to view notes for a slide other than the one which is being pro ...
- KB-000435: How do I check my IT Policy name on my BlackBerry device?
You can check the name of your BlackBerry IT Policy by:1- Click the Options icon on your BlackBerry home screen2- Select Security Options3- Select General Settings4- Scroll to down the page until you see the IT Policy Name setting5- Note the nameIf the name is other than Default then the default ...
- KB-000436: How do I check the device software version on my BlackBerry?
You can find your software version by accessing the “About” screen in the “Options” area of your BlackBerry smartphone. From the BlackBerry home screen select the “Options” icon. This is often a wrench icon but can also be a different icon as the icon is de ...
- KB-000009: How do I clear the cache on the ShowMate?
To clear the cache on the ShowMate simply disconnect the power supply.
- KB-000423: How do I upgrade my ShowMate firmware?
The ShowMate firmware (the term for software installed on hardware) is updated using the ShowMate updater software. The ShowMate updater software runs on your Windows PC and updates your ShowMate via USB. The following describes how to install and use the ShowMate updater software:Installation ...
- KB-000175: How do I view the Event Log (Device Log) from my BlackBerry?
In order to view the BlackBerry Event Log, and provide the contents to Impatica Support, please do the following: Non-Touch Screen BlackBerry Devices and Devices with both a Touch Screen and a Physical Keyboard (e.g. a Torch 9800): From the BlackBerry Home Screen, hold down the alt key and pr ...
- KB-000007: How many presentations can I cache on the ShowMate?
You can currently cache one presentation (the last presentation projected) on the ShowMate. When you transfer a new presentation to the ShowMate the previous one will be replaced.
- KB-000271: I am getting a Bluetooth Error 10053 with an HTC 4000 running Windows Mobile 5 and a ShowMate. What is the cause?
The cause for this error seems to be a Bluetooth communication error between the device and the ShowMate. The error occurs before the request for the passkey when adding a new ShowMate. For the client that reported the error to Impatica Support, simply restarting the ShowMate and the Impatica Pr ...
- KB-000241: I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my ShowMate and am receiving a "File to send cannot be found" error message.
Ensure that you extract the contents of the zip file as opposed to dragging and dropping the contents. If you try to use the contents of the zip file without first extracting all of the files, the installer will not be able to locate the associated files it requires.Also, make sure you are not e ...